Saturday, April 30, 2011

DJ Khaled Talks 'Welcome to My Hood' Remix Video

'It's the whole hip-hop game on one record,' DJ Khaled tells MTV News of the star-studded clip.
By Rob Markman, with reporting by Rahman Dukes


DJ Khaled
Photo: MTV News

DJ Khaled wants nothing less than the best and for his latest video he assembled hip-hop's finest. T-Pain, Ludacris, Busta Rhymes, Mavado, Twista, Birdman, Ace Hood, Fat Joe, Jadakiss, Bun B and Waka Flocka Flame all appear alongside Khaled in his "Welcome to My Hood (Remix)" clip. (Game is also featured on the track, though he doesn't turn up in the vid.)

In an exclusive interview with MTV News, Khaled explained the video's simple-yet-effective concept. "We're tryin' [to] kinda do it like a cipher, but sorta with more real dramatic shots [and] camera tricks," the charismatic DJ said. "It's the whole hip-hop game on one record."

According to Khaled, the remix, which will appear on his upcoming Cash Money album, We the Best Forever, is one of many all-star collaborations on the LP.

"I definitely worked with the usual suspects, the team: Ross, Ace, Wayne, Jeezy, Birdman, Joe. Expect the team always," he said. "But I've worked with a lot of people that I haven't worked with that I've been trying to work with for years and have been fans of for years, and they're on the album.

"I got a trick up my sleeve," the DJ teased. "Every song on the album is like a single. I was talkin' to Birdman and he's gonna give me the opportunity to put 'em all out."

As always, an expert self-promoter, Khaled was brimming with confidence. "I'mma own the summer, spring, winter, fall, all of that. So we're gonna keep making these hits."

We the Best Forever drops June 28.

What do you think of the "Welcome to My Hood (Remix)" video? Tell us in the comments!

Related Artists

Alicia Keys Tyra Banks Vanessa Hudgens Sarah Michelle Gellar Olivia Munn

No comments:

Post a Comment