Saturday, April 30, 2011

Beyonce's New Single, 'Girls (Who Run The World),' Leaks Online

A demo version of the girl-power track hit the Net late Monday.
By Jocelyn Vena


Beyoncé
Photo: Al Pereira/ WireImage

A version of Beyoncé's forthcoming single "Girls (Who Run the World)" has hit the Internet, and as you might guess from the title, it's a thumping girl-power anthem. It samples Major Lazer's "Pon de Floor" and serves as B's lead single off her forthcoming new album, set for release later this year.

A rep for the singer had not returned MTV News' request for comment regarding the leaked track or the final version's release date as of press time.

The song opens with a keyboard and a heavy club beat as Beyoncé chants, "Girls!/ We run this mutha/ Girls!/ Who run the world." The club banger delivers on what Beyoncé has teased about the album: "I'm mixing every type of genre that I love and I'm inspired by every type of genre. ... I'm not in a box. It's not R&B. It's not typically pop. It's not rock. It's just everything I love all mixed together in my own little gumbo of music."

Beyoncé sings in her signature staccato style on the track. "It's hot up in here/ DJ don't be scared to run this, run this back/ I'm repping for the girls who taking over the world/ Have me raise a glass for the college grads," she sings.

"Boy you know you love it/ How we're smart enough to make these millions/ Strong enough to bear the children/ Then get back to business/ See, you better not play me/ Don't come here, baby/ Hope you still like me/ If you hate me," she goes on to declare. "My persuasion can build a nation/ In this hour/ Our love we can devour/ You'll do anything for me." Her vocals fade out as the song closes. But the song's message is clear.

"It'll be big. It'll probably be one of the bigger Beyoncé music videos ever done," director Francis Lawrence said of the video for the song. "And I can say that I think the song is unbelievable." He added, "It is a fantastic song, so I really hope that song catches for her, and I think the video's gonna be really fun and cool and different for her."

Related Artists

Tricia Vessey Aki Ross Ashley Tappin Carmen Electra Amanda Marcum

No comments:

Post a Comment