Friday, March 25, 2011

Britney Spears May Release Ke$ha-Penned Track As Next Single

'Till The World Ends' expected out sometime next week.
By Jocelyn Vena


Britney Spears
Photo: Jeremy Cowart/ WireImage

Slowly but surely, fans are getting a taste of what Britney Spears' March 29 album release, Femme Fatale, will sound like. On Wednesday, Spears slowed things down with the tease for her track "Criminal" and psyched fans up with the news that she worked with Travis Barker on the album.

Fans are speculating that the next single released will be the Ke$ha-penned track, "Till the World Ends." Art for the single's cover, in which Spears appears sitting on a couch in a sweater and heels, was posted at Deezer.com.

A 30-second snippet of the song appeared on Amazon.de, which indicates that the single will be available on March 11. The track sounds like a fist-pumping anthem, and the sample showcases Spears' electronically enhanced vocals going "Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh."

The single will reportedly drop sometime next week, according to a tweet sent out by Tampa radio station 93.3 FM. "Hearing from Jive Records that we'll have a new @BritneySpears single to play next week!"

Ke$ha recently dished about the track to Spin.com, noting that the song is about the power of an artist performing a great gig. "That song is me imagining her and any female musician touring the world," she says. "You know, when you go out, and you're having an amazing, magical night and you don't want to go to sleep and you want it to last until the world ends."

Spears' longtime manager Larry Rudolph recently told MTV News that he's super-excited about the next single off Femme Fatale. "I don't think I've been this excited about releasing a Britney single in many, many years," he said. "It's that good. That's all I'm gonna say about it at the moment. I haven't heard a final mix of it, but I should get it in the next day or two. So far, what I've heard is just extraordinary. It really is amazing. Her fans will be very happy with it. I'm trying hard to get it out before the album comes out."

For those keeping count, it's not the first time Ke$ha and Spears have worked together. Ke$ha appeared on the Circus song "Lace and Leather." "I just did backgrounds for her 'cause I was so broke. I needed to pay my rent," she shared back in 2009. "I got a few bucks. No, [I didn't meet her]. I just did backups for her."

Related Videos Related Photos Related Artists

Jenny McCarthy Zooey Deschanel Tara Reid Coco Lee Katy Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment