Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Britney Spears Appears On Harper's Bazaar Cover

'I'm like everybody else,' singer says in the magazine.
By Jocelyn Vena


Britney Spears on the cover of <i>Harper's Bazaar</i>
Photo: Harper's Bazaar

She appeared pregnant and nude on the cover back in 2006, but now Britney Spears just looks happy and healthy in a low-cut white dress on the cover of Harper's Bazaar. In the latest issue of the magazine, now being previewed online, the singer opens up about her life.

"I'm pretty normal, you know? Like I said, the type of day I love is just like everybody else's. I'm like everybody else," she says in the issue. When asked about her music videos, she recalls fondness for a clip from 2001. " 'Overprotected.' I just think it says a lot. It was directed so well, it was really colorful and the dancing was amazing," she says of the splashy clip.

Spears seems content with the way fans have been reacting to her Femme Fatale album, which dropped in March. "I've worked so hard on this album, so it's really refreshing," she said. "I feel like I'm drinking a tall glass of homemade sweet tea on a really hot, beautiful day."

Spears also talked about getting in shape for her highly anticipated summer tour. "I love to dance, so it's very exciting," she said. "The tour rehearsals have been going really well. I think it will be my best show yet."

In addition to the cover shot, another image from the magazine has hit the Web. It features Spears smiling in front of a wall painted with graffiti wearing a flowing, black star-print dress.

Not only has Spears been readying her summer tour, she has also been preparing to shoot her next music video, for the song "I Wanna Go." Spears will be working with Chris Marrs Piliero (Ke$ha, the Black Eyed Peas) on the clip, which is filming later this month in Los Angeles. The track is the third single off her album, following "Hold It Against Me" and "Till the World Ends."

While she's always moving forward to the next project, Spears did take the time to reflect on one very important onstage kiss with Madonna at the VMAs nearly eight years ago. "I actually saw her a couple of weeks ago at a party," Britney recalled. "I guess she's really taught me to stay true to myself. That seems like a simple thing to say, but she taught me through action, not just by saying it. There are so many people around you that have opinions, but you just have to listen to your instincts."

Related Videos Related Photos Related Artists

Claudette Ortiz Julia Stiles Marisa Miller AnnaLynne McCord Emma Heming

No comments:

Post a Comment