Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ke$ha Says She's 'Disappointed' By Grammy Snub

'I plan on making a lot more records, and hopefully one of them will be Grammy-worthy,' singer tells Vanity Fair.
By James Dinh


Ke$ha
Photo: Jordan Strauss/ Getty Images

Last year was full of breakout music stars, including Ke$ha, who ruled the scene with a string of dance-pop hits (and a massive overflow of glitter). But not everyone is a Ke$ha fan: The singer was snubbed when the 2011 Grammy nominees were announced in December.

The starlet recently spoke to Vanity Fair about the Grammy snub and said she's determined to score a nod sometime later in her career. And after calling the Recording Academy's award "not that big a deal," Ke$ha admitted that she was saddened by her lack of nominations.

"Of course I do," the singer said when asked if she wanted a Grammy. "I was disappointed that I didn't get nominated. But I've only been around for a year. I'm friends with the Black Keys, and they were nominated for the first time this year. And they've been around for a decade. That's like half my life, so I really can't be a brat about it."

Ke$ha isn't bitter about the situation either, telling the magazine, "I plan on making a lot more records, and hopefully one of them will be Grammy-worthy."

While she may not be gearing up for the big show on Sunday night, Ke$ha is prepping for the launch of her first North American headlining tour, the Get $leazy Tour. The country-wide trek is scheduled to kick off on Tuesday in Portland, Oregon, and continue through May.

Do you think Ke$ha deserved a Grammy nomination? Share your thoughts in the comments!

Related Photos Related Artists

Cameron Diaz SofĂ­a Vergara Nicole Richie Norah Jones Nicky Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment